The YJB’s report Deaths of Children in Custody: Action Taken, Lessons Learnt explains the actions taken by the YJB in response to recommendations made by the Prisons and Probation Ombudsman, coroners and Serious Case Reviews, following the deaths of children in custody since 2000. It also identifies the work that still needs to be undertaken to ensure that when children must be held in custody, it is in a safe environment which protects them from harm.
- NORTH WEST NPS – Rated ‘Good’ but struggling with significant staff shortages February 22, 2019
- HMP MAIDSTONE – Violent incidents and Use of Force increase and the growing drugs problem must be addressed February 19, 2019
- Gauke: Prison isn’t working for thousands of criminals and sets out the case for scrapping short jail sentences. February 18, 2019
- Damning Report as Working Links CRC Goes Into Administration February 15, 2019
- Justin Russell announced as candidate for next Chief Inspector of Probation February 15, 2019