The YJB’s report Deaths of Children in Custody: Action Taken, Lessons Learnt explains the actions taken by the YJB in response to recommendations made by the Prisons and Probation Ombudsman, coroners and Serious Case Reviews, following the deaths of children in custody since 2000. It also identifies the work that still needs to be undertaken to ensure that when children must be held in custody, it is in a safe environment which protects them from harm.
- HMP/YOI ISIS – Improving prison which must address violence and use of force. December 18, 2018
- Prison Officers lose their High Court case against the Government December 15, 2018
- Prison Officers’ Association challenge ‘Failure to Negotiate’ at the High Court December 12, 2018
- Michael Spurr: Reflecting on 35 years in the Prison Service. December 12, 2018
- HM Chief Inspector of Prisons renews call for an independent inquiry as to how HMP Birmingham descended into appalling, chaotic conditions in just 18 months. December 4, 2018